Monday, August 13, 2012

Wasp Sting

I should have taken a picture of Alex's wasp sting each day.  He got stung on Saturday while they were up the canyon for the obstacle course.  Yesterday, Sunday, he woke up and it hurt him a little bit and it was swollen some.  This morning he woke up and his ankle plus down into his foot was swollen.  It hurt him some and it made it a little hard to walk.  I decided to take him to the doctor.  The doctor gave him a prescription for 12 mL's of some kind of steroid.  He took half of it today and will take the rest tomorrow.  I'm glad that I had one of those $10 gift cards with a new prescription because it cost me $10 for that 12 mL's of medicine.  He took his medicine and I gave him some benadryl and zyrtec.  Tonight it is a little swollen still, but it looks much better.

Tonight we went out to eat with family.  We tried a new restaurant, it is called Milagros.  It is in Orem on 800 North, close to the freeway.  I really liked it.  I thought the food was really good.  Grant liked what he ordered also.  I'll have to go back and try other things.


I have been trying to walk 10,000 steps each day.  I bought a new pedometer and have done pretty well with my goal so far.  I don't worry about it on Sundays, I like to have one day to relax.  Today I got more steps than I have ever gotten in a day.


No comments: