Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Best Three Hours of the Week

This week I read a talk by John Bytheway.  He talked about how if we go to church with the right attitude, it should be the best three hours of the week.  I have to say that I don't always go with the right attitude, maybe I seldom do.  A lot of times I go to church tired, I go knowing that I won't get to listen much because I still have to keep Krista and Alex entertained.  They are pretty good, but they still want to sit on Grant and me, or they try to lie down.  It's definitely not always easy to stay focused on the talks.

Today I went with a different attitude.  I wanted to learn, I wanted to feel the Spirit.  I have to say that I came home feeling pretty good.  Grant did not go to our ward today, so I had all of the kids to deal with in Sacrament Meeting.  There were a couple of times that they got fidgety, but overall they did great.  I really enjoyed the talks, we even had a great musical number.  It was great to go and learn, feel the Spirit and come home with some goals in mind of how I can try to be better this week.

I have to say that Primary was great today too.  I love being in there with the kids.  I love Sharing Time (not really looking forward to it next month when it's my turn to do it), I really love Singing Time.  I love hearing the kids sing and I love to learn the songs too.  We have a great music leader, the kids love him.  We'll have to see how the rest of the week goes, but so far, yeah, it was the best three hours.

No comments: