Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Marlo Bergeson

Today we attended my (Grant's) uncle Marlo's funeral.  It was such a great service.  All of his children spoke (3 boys, 1 girl) and they all did a fantastic job.  I was crying and laughing and feeling the spirit throughout the meeting.  He was (is) a very interesting and incredible man.  I stayed at his house for most of 1 summer when I was working up in Salt Lake.  He took such great care of me - he made sure I had a good breakfast every day.  He'd get up early to make me oatmeal, soft boiled eggs, toast, and fresh orange juice.  He always called me 'Granny Grant' which never bothered me.  He's doing some great work on the other side and had a wonderful reunion with my dad.  They were college roommates and became good friends before marrying sisters.

I remember one time our family was eating Sunday dinner up at their house.  About half way through the meal my mom commented on their silverware and how she'd never seen it before.  When we all looked at the silverware, we noticed that they were almost all different.  Marlo got really excited and said, "Oh yeah, that was a great find at the junkyard.  I picked up all this stuff yesterday including the silverware."  He said he washed them pretty good, but I still lost my appetite after thinking about where my fork came from.

We will miss you Marlo!


No comments: