Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Busy, But Fun Day

I started off the day, by meeting my good friend at Curves.  I hadn't been in a while, it felt good to start the day off with some exercise.  I even came home and walked on the treadmill for a bit.  I hadn't done that for a while either.  I woke the kids up to get ready for the day and start working on their jobs.  I got a call from the neighbor to see if I could babysit while she took her son to the doctor.  The kids were excited for this, they got to play with their friends.  They only had time to get dressed and eat breakfast, so much for their jobs today!  Oh well, we try to be flexible in the summer.

After babysitting, we ate lunch and then Ethan wanted to go golfing.  He has been going with Brandon every day, but Brandon is at basketball camp all this week.  He wanted to go even if it was alone, so I dropped him off with a cell phone.  This way he could call me if he needed to and when he was ready for me to come get him.  He ended up shooting his best score so far this summer, a 72!  Krista, Alex, and I ran to Costco.  Becca and Stephanie came over today to make homemade pizzas for dinner and we needed a few things.  We ran our errands, came home and got started.  We were trying a pizza dough that my sister, Yvonne, really likes.  We ended up really liking it.  It is called Almost Like Papa John's Pizza Dough.  Here is a link to it, http://www.food.com/recipe/almost-like-papa-johns-pizza-dough-177072.  We made a bbq chicken pizza.  It turned out pretty good, I would change a few things if I made it again.

Becca and Steph left, and I had to go to UVU to pick up Brandon and Ryan.  They had a fun, but tiring day at camp.  We got home and I made a pepperoni pizza.  I had time to eat a piece and then I went to Pack Planning Meeting for Cub Scouts.  It was a pretty quick meeting which was nice and we also got a lot accomplished.  I came home and helped Grant build a contraption out of sprinkler pipe and sprinklers to water the garden.  We had some of the soaker hoses, but they really were not working very well.  We'll see how this thing works, I think it will be good.  We tried to get it to work without gluing all of the pieces together, so that it would be easy to pull apart and store for the winter.  Every time we would turn on the water to test it a new piece would pop off.  We ended up gluing the whole thing together.  We'll just cut it apart at the end of the summer.

I cleaned and had time to watch the end of the basketball game.  We got the kids in bed, I just showered, blogging now and soon will go to sleep.  A good, long, busy, but fun day!

No comments: