Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friend Day

It was a crazy day for Grant and I, but an awesome one for the kids.  We had just finished with breakfast, the kids were about to start their chores, when there was a knock at the door.  That started it all.  We had kids in and out all day.  I counted sixteen neighborhood friends who came over.  Some were here around lunch time, so we got some Little Caesar's pizza.  They played, then ate, then played some more.  They played the Wii, the PS3, rode bikes and scooters, went to the park, played on the swing set and hide and seek.  By the end of the day, they were calling our house the party house.  The kids loved it.

I had to send them all home around 3:30 because we were having the missionaries over for dinner at 5.  I had to get everything cleaned up and make dinner.  It was fun to have them over.  Grant went to some appointments with them after dinner.  He didn't get home until around 9.

The kids and I decided to go on a bike ride.  We went to the Scera movie theater and bought some popcorn.  Erica started working there tonight, so Daniela wanted to stop in and see her.  Then we went across the street and got snow cones.  I don't think that there is any way that we can try all 32 flavors before Labor Day. (I think that is when they close for the season.)  We have only gone seven times.  We'll see....

No comments: