Monday, July 1, 2013

One Month Gone

I can't believe that a month of summer vacation has already past.  It has flown by!  The past couple of weeks have been really busy.  My mom came into town for a little over a week.  It was so much fun to have her here.  We went to the Parade of Homes, we found a home that my mom loved, we looked around town for lots, we visited and had lots of fun!  The time flew by and it is always so hard to say goodbye.  I can't wait until my parents move out here and I can go see them more often.

A couple of days after my mom left, Grant and I left for Stake Youth Conference.  We were a Ma and Pa.  I didn't really know what to expect and I really wasn't too excited about it.  I was worried about leaving the kids.  Thank you to Becca and Greg for watching the kids!  I cried after leaving them, but I settled down quickly because we were thrown into our roles for Youth Conference and I knew that they were in good hands.  I really did not worry about them at all, I just checked in every now and then with Becca.  Thank you once again!

Youth Conference was awesome!  It was really hot and we camped in tents one night and in cabins the next, but really I can't complain.  The spiritual benefits definitely outweighed the physical discomfort! I came home on a spiritual high and I still feel it.  It is neat to see the youth understand the messages being taught and to hear them bearing their testimonies.  I truly feel like they are a chosen generation and they are prepared to live in this day and time.  They are up to the challenge.  I know that I need to do my part in raising my kids, but I am truly grateful for the programs that the church provides like girl's camp, youth conference and EFY.

No comments: