Monday, July 8, 2013

July 7, 2013

I did something today that I seriously have not done in a long time.  I got up and bore my testimony in Fast and Testimony meeting.  I had decided a long time ago that I had to big of a fear to get up there. This had caused me to be “past feeling” of any promptings of the Spirit.  I knew I wasn't going to go up, so I never felt any promptings to go up.

A challenge from our Stake President at Youth Conference helped me to change. He challenged us to go home from Youth Conference and pick one thing to work on, some way that we could improve ourselves. I thought about it and I really want to work on recognizing how the Spirit speaks to me. I want to work on recognizing the Spirit and acting on the promptings that I receive. I think that the more that we follow the promptings of the Spirit, Heavenly Father knows that He can rely on us and we are blessed with more personal revelation. We need this in our lives. I just read a quote by President Packer that says, “ You won't survive spiritually, unless you know how to receive revelation.” I want this revelation in my life because I need it. The Spirit will prompt me about things that I can change and do better for myself and for my kids. I love my children and I want to do all I can to help them to grow spiritually. I need the help of the Spirit.

It is because of this goal that I bore my testimony. I was “past feeling” but because I wanted to make this change, Heavenly Father was already testing me. After many years, I felt the prompting of the Spirit to share my testimony. Actually I had felt it for a few days.  I had to do it.  I wanted to show Heavenly Father that this may not be easy for me, it is scary, but I love Him and I want to do what I need to, to receive this blessing.

No comments: